Best way to grow tomatoes in a container
by Ratnajit Biswanath
(Guwahati, Assam, India)
1. Germinate the seeds & let the saplings grow to a height of 8 inches.
2. Make the final growing medium ready.
3. Carefully uproot each sapling . Scrap the stems almost upto the leaves with a fine blade. Apply rooting hormone (for softwood plants) to the scrapped portion.
4. Plant the sapling all the way upto the leaves.
5. Tend to the plants in the usual way .
The plants grow very dense network of roots and will need lot of watering / nutrients and will bear abundant fruits.
I have tried this with bottle guard ( Family cucurbitacae) with no great result . Will try with potatoes
next . Request you try the same & keep me posted
Click here to post comments
Return to Have your say.